Friday, April 6, 2012

Ch ch ch Changes

Maybe I should just stop posting.  After finding out this morning that the Dr's office in New Orleans was closed for Good Friday, my local oncologist called the insider number and spoke with Dr. Boudreaux at the office.  Dr Boudreaux recommended getting down to LA on Monday, 4/9 so off we go!

Found relatively decent airfare, given the two days notice and have RT flights for both Stephanie and I, departing Monday morning and returning on the 28th (hoped return date).  Flights are just $500/pp which struck me as quite cheap, all things considered...  Have a hotel room at the Hilton Garden Inn which has a special rate with the hospital and have reserved a rental car.

One significant downturn lately is that the obstruction does not seem to have completely opened back up.  This means that I am, once again, not going to be eating and will be getting all of my nutrition by IV.  I did talk to the nurse and I may be able to go home tomorrow with the IV food in tow and spend at least some time at home before we take off on our trip.  As long as I can avoid the NG tube, I will be much happier!

So, Monday at about 5:00, I will pop into the ER and will be admitted in short order and will be able to start making some progress towards hacking back some of this cancer.  What is my ideal schedule now?  Whatever gets me home the soonest.

1 comment:

  1. Ron, the entire San Diego office is wishing you a speedy recovery. There's still snow on them there CO mountains!
    ---Colleen K.

    ReplyDelete