Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Numbers are still good but I am struggling

Another drop in Alkaline Phosphatase this week but it was only 40 points while previous weeks were around 200 points.  This does point to the three days a week of lipids in my TPN causing my liver to struggle and I am just hopeful that the numbers continue to drop.

Physically, I am starting to struggle again.  My weight is now down to 143 and the abdominal cramps have picked up in their intensity.  Dr. Boudreaux asked if I could try eating more so I have increased my consumption of juice but this seems to have just caused more cramping and, now, the occasional vomiting.

The three weeks at 1450 calories/day have caught up with me and the fatigue is really settling in.  When I get lipids in my TPN, I get a boost of a few hundred more calories but that is still well below what a 6'3" guy should consume in a normal day.  I don't know what to do at this point and may check with the TPN folks to see if I could get a second smaller bag every day for another few hundred calories of at least carbs and amino acids.

So I struggle.  Every day is an effort from the time I get up till the time I go to bed.  Every night brings its own issues with the cramping waking me occasionally and my micro bladder waking me when my stomach is leaving me alone.

I still think of food continually and my list of "When I can eat" is fleshing out.  If I ever get to the point where I can eat again, I will publish it here.  Some of the latest additions include a rootbeer float, a corndog, and a grilled tunafish sandwich with pickles, chips, and some french onion dip.  Crushed ice just isn't cutting it for me any more but it does keep my mouth and throat from getting too dry...

I do have better days but the number of tough days are increasing.  I need to get through this.  I just want some relief.  I just want to feel normal for a little while again.  Perhaps those days are long gone but I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment