Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Officially a trend now

Four straight weeks of dropping Alkaline Phosphatase and there is no denying it now:

April 25: 2015
May 02: 1414
May 11: 1126
May 17: 937
May 24: 709

It is still a ways to go to get to normal but there is no denying the improvement that we are seeing.  It should also be noted that this week's improvement was in spite of adding in one day of lipids.  Now I didn't expect the one day of lipids to cause a problem but it is also good to know that we can continue to increase the lipids, putting us on track for surgery.

Not all my labs are good.  My Hemoglobin has now dropped to 9 and we have been striving to keep that above 10.  I see my nephrologist in about two weeks but we may need to address the anemia a bit sooner.

Also, my prealbumin is just 16 this week.  This shows, to some extent, my level of nutrition.  That needs to be improved before surgery as well because it is something that relates to overall strength and ability to survive and recover from surgery.  I have been running in the low normal range for some time (20-24) but this dip to 16 is dramatic and demands some attention.

So, I am on the path but still have some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment