Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Finally back up in the main hospital building.

This one was brutal.  I had surgery on the 8th and this was another 14 hour enormity.  I don't recall many of the details but the tumors had once again entangled the intestines and a total of 64 or so tumors were removed.  I also got the new experience of coming out from surgery with an intubation, doing all my breathing and preventing me from talking.

I went nuts.  I was losing my mind.  I thought I was in another part of the world, I could not identify truth from fiction and I weaved extraordinary story lines in my mind. They had to restrain me to keep me from pulling out the tube and, once the tube came out, I then went psychotic again an pulled out my NG tube, forcing them to put in another one.

I have never felt so helpless or scared in my life.  What is a person if not for their mind and I could not find mine.

Additionally, my left arm has gone partially numb from about mid-forearm through the thumb and first two fingers.  It is weak and I am working on trying to restore it to normalcy (or something close to it).

We finally got moved out of ICU yesterday and are now in a nice comfortable 5th floor room.  I am still having extreme trouble sleeping and focussing but things are slowly moving forward.  I have started clear liquids and hope to progress to full liquids soon.

That is about all I can write at this point but want to let everyone know what we are slowly progressing.  Returning home will probably not be for a week or more yet but I am up and I can walk.  Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

--Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment