Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Does three weeks make a trend?

Liver markers continue to improve.  AST and ALT are now smack dab in the middle of normal (high normal last week) and Alk Phos as dropped again to 930.  Normal for Alk Phos tops out at 125 but this is a drop of about 200 in the last week.  I have left a text message with Dr. Boudreaux, passing on this information and asking to speak with him, hopefully to discuss a plan for surgery.

I am almost afraid to hope that this will happen.  I have been getting yanked back repeatedly over the last two months and I just don't want to start anticipating something that will get put off again.  I know my liver numbers are improving but, at the same time, I have lost some of my strength due to the lack of calories.  I need both before we have surgery and need to see them both improve.

As to the calories, we are going to start trying a bit more with the TPN.  It is very limited but we will be doing one day with lipids and see if my markers continue to improve next week.  I am taking in a small number of calories orally but it is probably less than 100 calories/day that stay down.

So, another week of waiting.  I do get to see my daughter graduate high school tomorrow which will be a highlight of my month.  All I can do otherwise is just to hang tight and hope for continued good results which will lead to a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment